Sunday 19 July 2015

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Author: J. K. Rowling

Rating: 5/5

Reading Time: 4-5 hrs

Bookworm Appeal: Fantasy?
                               : Anagram?
                               : Huge Phony?
                               : The Feels?
                               : Plot Twist?

I was petrified. (see what I did.)   :)


Review                                                  

I loved it as much as I love Taylor Swift and that's a lot.

A few things I would like to touch:
1.     

             How Ron, Fred and George come and save Harry. I love how they just arrive at his window in
the middle of the night just because Harry didn’t reply to their letters.

2.       I don’t understand Vernon’s logic
First things first, if my nephew was a wizard I wouldn’t be locking him in a closet, I’d be treating him like a prince. Second, if he doesn’t care about Harry and acts as though Harry has ceased to exist, WTH does he care if Harry goes to Hogwarts or not? In fact with that mentality shouldn’t he want Harry to go to Hogwarts?

3.       I love the Weasley’s Father
When he came home from work and found out about the car trip and all he could think about was that if it ran well and had to pretend (he failed miserably, don’t you think?) at being mad.

4.       The Holler Ron got
It was one of the funniest things, I’ve ever read. I could imagine the embarrassment. It must have been so embarrassing, your mom’s voice projected for everyone to hear her ranting about you.

5.       The Weasley’s money situation
I get that if the Harry had tried to give the Weasley’s money Mrs Weasley would immediately stop him and she would feel rather embarrassed but, the least he could do was buy Ron a new wand or at least help buy some of the stuff Ginny needed or he could give them his old set of books, you know if there were the same as last years. I’ve been wondering why he doesn’t do it.

6.       Lockhart’s a phony
I’m only 30% through the book writing this and I’ve come to the conclusion that Lockhart is lying about everything in his books and that he is a huge PHONY!!!!!

Summary 

So, Harry Potter is back for another year at Hogwarts after one of the worst birthdays of his 12 year life. It's not even the first day but he's already gotten himself in trouble. As if things couldn't get any worse, a monster is on the loose and some people think that he is the one who set it free. To clear his name and set things straight, he has to solve the mystery of The Chamber of Secrets.

"Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain. Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain. Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile."
                                                                      - Sparks Fly, Taylor Swift








No comments:

Post a Comment