Wednesday 15 July 2015

Landline


Title: Landline

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Rating:  4/5

Reading Time: 1 day

Bookworm Appeal: Marriage Problems?
                               : Contemporary Reading?
                               : Magic?
                               : Book Cameo?
                               : Sucky iphone?


It's a lot of reading.



Review

I loved it, just like all the other Rainbow Rowell books. I love how Rainbow's writing makes you feel as though you're with the characters as their story plays out on the pages. Them going through hardship and stuff while you following them from behind like the crazy stalker you are.

I love how funny Rainbow was in the book. Especially the part where Heather answer's the phone and also have you read Rainbow's dialogue.

But the reason I'm giving it a 4/5 is because of the ending. I wanted more. I wanted her to ask Neal about 1982 (is it 1982 or 1988?) and I wanted to see if they could reschedule their meeting, I want to see what happens with Seth and if Heather tells her Mom. (OMG! Reading out what I typed, I realized I'm starting to sound like Hazel from TFIOS, when she talks about wanting to know the ending for all the other characters in Imperial Affliction after Anna dies.)

I also liked how she did cameos of 2 characters from her other book.

(comment who you think the cameos are)

Summary

Georgie is 37 year old, workaholic. She's married and has 2 girls. After choosing work over the family, everything in her life goes downhill. She's given a magic phone to set things right.

I know it's short but it pretty much sums up the book.


"I'm never gonna change, I'm always gonna stay, when you call for me I'm right there."
                                                                                                                - Ariana Grande , Right There

No comments:

Post a Comment