Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Ant Colony

Title: The Ant Colony

Author: Jenny Valentine

Rating: 5/5 (Why? It touched me and that is very hard to do)

Series: None

Reading Time: 3hrs or more

Bookworm appeal: Emotional?                                                                                  : Suspense?
                             : Heart touching?
                             : Need a reminder that your life isn’t as sucky                                as others?



This book is what you need.


Review
This book is one of those heart touching, life changing books that makes you think about your life or life in general in a different perspective. When I was reading this book I felt like crying, shouting and smiling at the same time it is a truly wonderfully written book that anyone from the ages of 12-99+ can read. I just love the ending.

Summary
This summary is gonna be a bit of a bore cause I don’t even wanna give slight spoilers. That’s how much I WANT you to READ it. It’s written from two perspectives, the two main characters of the book, Bohemia and Sam (I don’t consider this a spoiler cause the names are right in the description of the book.) So, Sam has to disappear because of almost….. (I’m sorry but I couldn’t help myself I had to give at least one or two slight spoilers.) For Bohemia it’s an escape from her Mother’s array of……. (I said one or two) Throughout the book you’ll get answers to questions you never even thought of asking, lies that you didn’t even think were lies. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read it. It would totally make my day!

SUMMARY FROM THE BACK COVER OF BOOK (sorry if 
that’s not the proper name of the back of a book)

For Sam, number 33 Georgiana Street is a place to disappear. For Bohemia, it’s a blip ( I didn’t know what blip was, but I thought it meant something like a retreat and my bro thought it meant something like a dot so, we made a bet on who had the closest meaning, I won. It actually meant an unexpected, minor, and typically temporary deviation from a general trend. Which means doing something different from normal, out of the blue.) between her mum’s boyfriends. Old Isabel acts like she owns the place, although it actually belongs to Steve in the basement. Like ants, they scurry about their business, no questions asked.

But dig deep enough and you’ll find that everyone has something to hide……


"We will rise above the ashes, before this whole life passes us by, you and I, we will rise"
                                                                                                                                     - Rise, glee cover


No comments:

Post a Comment