Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Tarot Reader’s Daughter

(Hey guys, sorry I missed posting a review yesterday. I was travelling and had no internet connection to post my review even though I already wrote it.)


BTW I bought this book for $3.10 at The Big Bad Wolf Sale

Title: The Tarot Reader’s Daughter

Author: Helen Dunwoodie

Rating: 4/5

Series: None

Bookworms Appeal: Teen Romance?
                               : Parent Romance?
                               : Treacherous Pasts?
                               : Epic Plot Twist?
                               : Drama?

This book is CERTAINLY for YOU
                              



Review
The writing in this book is just like most of the books I read, very descriptive. It’s written in past tense and is written from Rosa’s perspective. Rosa is narrating the story. Although it is as I say, very descriptive, I can’t, not won’t but, can’t picture most of the things. I have never been to Edinburgh, I have been to a pretty park (seriously, where I come from the parks and the beaches are full of litter, I’ve never seen a redhead in my life and I’ve never had a boy I don’t know bump into me all the time because of my family’s past, heck I’ve never bumped into a boy repeatedly in my life unless he’s my classmate. Well, that’s going off topic. It’s written beautifully and I like the romance, I admit it so sue me. If you’re like me and like romance and adventure, or maybe just romance or maybe just adventure or mystery this book is for YOU!
Summary
Rosa or Rosaleen is a moody, bad tempered teenage girl who judges everything she does, what she wears, who looks at her, how long they look at her… (how do I know this, because I act the exact same way) (I think this is how she acts because I’ve only gotten 6 pages into the book.)
The story starts off when Rosa is on a walk trying to cool off and she meets this guy who doesn’t even give her a second glance. She walks home and finds a pack of tarot cards that belong to her mother who is, in her eyes an-anti mumbo jumbo, black magic kinda stuff. She’s intrigued. After over reactions and self- banning, she and Andy (Andy Who?) gang up and try to solve the mystery she’s uncovered, by accident. It leads her into dark whirlpool with her life only going DOWNWARDS, what is she to do. How does it end, you’ll have to read through the epic DRAMA, the amazing ROMANCE and read the ends of the magnificent PLOT TWISTS.


“I’ll love you long after you’re gone, long after you’re gone, gone, gone.”

                                                                                                           -Gone, gone, gone, Philip Philips

No comments:

Post a Comment