Wednesday 3 June 2015

Raven's Gate, The Power of Five

Raven's Gate
Anthony Horowitz


I am an emotional wreck at the moment I have just finished the last book from The Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz and I just have one thing to say, Anthony Horowitz broke my heart. But, I can't say anything about that yet because that would be ruining the entire series for you. So, I'm going to be writing about the first book of the series, Raven's Gate ( Which BTW is followed by Evil Star, Night Rise, Necropolis and Oblivion respectively ). 

It all begins when Matt or Matthew Freeman gets in trouble with the police and is sent to be fostered by Jayne Deverill in the LEAF project in Lesser Malling, Yorkshire. It doesn't take him long to realize that there's something wrong with his guardian and the entire village. He learns about the Old Ones and begins to realize and understand just how different he is. He meets Richard Cole a journalist from the Gazette and somehow they become best friends, well, more than best friends their practically brothers and together they unravel the mystery that is Nexus, Omega One, Lesser Malling and Matt himself. But I will say this book will make you cry or at least feel something ( well if you have a heart ). They are deaths, they are deaths that you wouldn't care much about, they are deaths you would care about, they are deaths that you would be happy about...well not exactly happy, you'd have a sense of satisfaction about the death...I guess,they are deaths you would cry about and they are deaths where you would bawl yours eyes out every time you here the person's name throughout the entire series but the last type of death didn't come to me till the very end. The series is a sad one but then again most of the books I read are sad ones. But I do not regret reading the series and I don't think I ever will and that us why I think everyone should read this series and if they ever made it into a movie I'd be glad well as long as they don't mess up the story-line. Everyone should read this book. They should and I say this with all my heart.

P.S. to ANYONE who calls this series stupid I HATE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment