Wednesday 10 June 2015

Princess of the Midnight Ball

Title: Princess of the Midnight Ball

Author: Jessica Day George

Rating: 4/5

Reading Time: 3-4 hrs

Bookworm appeal: Demonic? (wow, twice in one day, what                                                     has gotten into me?)
                              : Romance?
                              : Suspense?
                              : Girl who loves princess stories?
                              : Not a usual teenage girl?




Welcome to the addiction.





Review
This book is basically The 12 Dancing Princesses with a demonic twist. On my part, I didn’t know it was demonic until I started reading it. It’s fast paced with some demonic action, romance, tragic pasts and messed up backstories thrown in the mix. It’s a pretty good read though; I doubt any boy would read it because it has the word princess in the title. This brings me to why I’m even reviewing this book at all. From the books that I’ve reviewed so far it doesn’t seem like I’m the kind of person who reads princess stories but I am. Ever since reading Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (it’s close enough to the actual name) which was recommended by GOODREADS (curse it) I’ve been reading silly princess-fairytale rewrites ever since, that’s it, just wanted to share.

Summary
It starts off with the queen and the Underground King (Devil) if I’m not mistaken (which I probably am since I kinda skimmed that page instead of reading it properly). She makes a bargain with the Devil and runs off to her beloved family.
We then go to a 19 year old soldier who is on his way back from The War’s, perspective. He is an orphan who searches for the Aunt and Uncle he’s never met and becomes the King’s Golly (I think that’s how its spelt). He accidentally makes one out of the twelve Princesses sick and all the princesses become sick and he feels guilty.
In the chapter after his we go to the eldest princess’s perspective. Now this is where the demonic-ness (is that a real word demonic-ness)of the book really shows. I can’t quite explain it so I’ll let you read through it.
So, it turns out that the Royal Family (well, only the princesses but the only person besides the Princesses in the royal family is The King.) is actually _ U _ _ _ D. The eldest princess and the Gardener kinda have a romantic connection.
The Gardener really wants to uncover the mystery even though everyone else that tried ended up capitol D E AD in freak accidents and eventually, with the help of an old lady he does.

Not to give too many spoilers I sum up the ending with: He has a plan but those it work? Does he get the girl? Read to find out.

"If I could find away to see this straight, I'd run away to some fortune that I should've found by now."
                                                                                                                                  - Cough Syrup, Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment