Friday 23 October 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Trailers Review ( For Prim and Welcome to the 76th Hunger Games )


 FOR PRIM IS NOT A NON SPOILER REVIEW



Welcome to the 76th Hunger Games is a NON SPOILER REVIEW


If you have not read the ending for Mockingjay Part 2 and have not been spoiled don't let me be the one to spoil you. Technically you can read the first review that one has no spoilers in it but, the second one will.

You have been warned


1st trailer

Welcome to the 76th annual Hunger Games

Like in my first ever trailer review (I'm so happy it was The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Trailer) Link to my Review I will be doing this in categories.

The Beginning 

So, they start it off at Finnick and Annie's wedding. I am so happy they got married, Katniss is at the doorway-arch thing-y and then they go to the scene where Katniss is dancing with Prim. (Prim and Katniss moments are so sweet)

Dramatic Pauses

There were tons of dramatic pauses between the sentences. It may seem kinda annoying but it has it's effect and Katniss's voice combined just like gave me goosebumps all over (not really but it felt like it did)

That sentence tho

There's this one sentence where she says:

"He turns the best of us against each other"

Then right after that there's a scene where Gale (ughhh) turns his gun to another soldier and the soldier is pointing her gun at him.

People who have not read Mockingjay be like:

Yeah that other soldier must be the traitor.

People who have read Mockingjay be like:

Oooooo! That was really smart.


Effie has a wig and make up

It;s not really important but in the book we don't get to see Effie until the very end and she's actually auburn or brown hair I think. She doesn't wear any make up.

The Special Effects 

As per usual the special effects were top notch and we also get a small glimpse of a bald Johanna and the peacekeeper lizard mutts and they were so scary I'll probably scream in the cinema.

The bit at the end where she's about to shoot her bow and the sound of the arrow against the bow was a nice touch.




SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER_SPOILER


2nd trailer

For Prim

My god the feels. Oh the feels. I can't even. It was just so sweet. It was basically about Katniss and Prim's relationship as sisters and it was just.... OMG. I'm fangirling like a maniac. It gave me literal goosebumps and I cried a bit, I'm not exaggerating at all.

It was so sweet and the music playing in the background was phenomenal.

And of course we all know Prim dies in the end (cries before finishing post) and when they go Her Sacrifice Is The Ultimate Tribute, I just started bawling.

Of course the unknowing people will think Oh Katniss sacrifices for Prim because Katniss was featured equally, and the rest of us are like we know, we know!

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass, a soft green pillow."
                                                                                                                 - The Hunger Games, Katniss





No comments: