Wednesday 15 July 2015

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

For all my fellow bookworms who don't know this, the actual FIRST time I've ever read a Harry Potter book is TODAY!!! (I know, I know, I'm late. But at least I started.) I haven't watched any of the movies either.

Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Author: J. K. Rowling

Rating: 5/5

Reading Time: 3 - 4 hrs

Bookworm Appeal: Fantasy?
                               : Plot Twists?
                               : 3 Leads?
                               : Detention?
                               : Page Turner?

I wanted to put unicorn as an appeal but they only mentioned unicorns once or thrice.



Review

I am speechless. Which is why I'm typing this down. I hated nothing about this book. I only felt love.


I loved Hermione, Harry and Ron's relationship.I like how Harry and Ron became friends on the train, you know, instant friendship. But I also liked that they had to build their friendship with Hermione. Kind of. I love the line

" There are some things you can't share without liking each other, and knocking out a twelve foot mountain troll is one of them. "

I also like how Snape wasn't evil just misunderstood.  I also like how she sometimes shifted POVs mid page and switch it back to Harry's POV by the end of the page like during Harry's first Quidditch match.

I love the plot and I love J. K.  Rowling.

I also love that she named one of the Weasly's name Percy like in Percy Jackson and the Olymipans. #PJO #PERCABETH #HoO

Summary

I think we all know the story, even I did and I didn't read the books or watch the movies.

It's about an eleven year old boy who was left on the doorstep of his horrible (huge understatement) aunt and uncle.  He turns out to be a wizard and goes to Hogwarts. How will he cope, in a new world where he doesn't know anything about but where everybody knows him while figuring out the mysteries going on in Hogwarts.

"I think something big is happening, feel in my bones."
                                                                   - Shawn Mended,  Something Big

Sorry I'm writing this on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment