Monday 3 August 2015

Still Alice



Title: Still Alice

Author: Lisa Genova

Rating: 4/5

Reading Time: 5-7 hrs

Bookworm Appeal: Kinda depressing?
                               : Alzheimer?
                               : Memory Problems?
                               : A whole lot of SADNESS?
                               : A story that touches you in a way?






REVIEW 

This book was a sad book, I'm not gonna lie. It was depressing to read at points and also pitiful. So, whichever one of you bookworms can't stand sad stories, can try this book, but like it, I'm not sure? Even though this book was kind of a downer, I still don't regret reading it. I know the story might seem a bit, boring, but trust me, it's not. Confusing? A bit/ Depressing a tad? Interesting? A lot. This book was really well written and I loved a lot of it. It's a good book. Although, this book is most likely gonna be found in the adult section of the bookstore, teenagers like me can still find it enjoyable. I gave it 4 stars only because I didn't like the ending but, the ending was sweet. I recommend it from anyone my age with my kind of reading scope to anyone my grandmother's age.

SUMMARY 

This book is from 50 year old, psychology professor, Alice Howland's view. It's basically her journey as an Alzheimer's patient. How it affects her life, her husband's life and her kids live's. (Trust me, it's way more interesting than I make it out to be.)

*I chose this song because it seems to go well with the story and it's the song I thought of while reading this book.

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they're here to stay. Oh, I believe in yesterday. Suddenly, I'm not half the girl I used to be..."
                                                                                            - Yesterday, Glee Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment