Friday 14 August 2015

Harry Potter and the Half - Blood Prince

WARNING: This book review will contain spoilers, as in the whole story will be spoiled. I have decided this because I care too much about his death for me to give a vague description of it and not discuss it. This book review will also mention the deaths of two other characters who died tragically in the 4th and 5th book. I will be writing about what's most important to me (this is gonna be really long). I'm sorry this review will not be as funny as usual but more subdued. Trust halfway through the book I was thinking of making 'snogging' my main point.


Title: Harry Potter and the Half - Blood Prince 

Author: J. K. Rowling

Rating:  1,000,000/5 (it touched me)

Reading Time 1 hour and a half

Bookworm Appeal: Sad?
                               : A death worthy of ruining your childhood?
                               : Snogging?



I cried throughout the last 50 pages of the book, my left eye swelled a little.




REVIEW


1. Dumbledore's Death

I've always wanted to talk/write about how I feel about a character's death. You know talk away the pain. It didn't hit me that Dumbledore was dead until later. I thought that maybe Snape had misdirected the spell or faked it. But, he didn't. I thought that Dumbledore was dead in the cave, I seriously did but, when he survived and they got the 'Horcruxe' and they reached the Hogwarts I thought he was safe. But, then again that's what J. K. Rowling does, Cedric and Harry thinking they were safe holding the goblet, Harry thinking they were saved after the Order arrived at the Ministry. I shouldn't have expected any less coming from her. I was just so sad when it turns out Dumbledore drank all that crap for nothing. I was just so, so sad.

2. Snape

In the beginning when  Snape made the Unbreakable Vow, I asked my Mother, what in the world was Snape thinking doing it. I'm still curious in fact why Snape did it. I actually had a couple of noble theories but not once did the possibility of Snape killing Dumbledore come to mind, not once. I know that Snape is not bad because if he was Harry wouldn't have named his son after Snape, right? But, did he kill Dumbledore because he was scared of death. Because if he was Harry had every right in the world to call Snape a coward and I'm pretty sure I can  say it with the utmost confidence that if you asked anyone in the order, well maybe not Mundungus if they would  sacrifice their life for Dumbledore's everyone would  say yes.

3. DADA

I realized something else, while thinking back about the book I thought about the Ministry, then I thought about Umbridge, then I thought about Harry's DADA O.W.L.s exam then I thought about the Patronus then I thought back to DADA then I thought about Snape running off with Malfoy then I realized that Harry was right Snape was gone by the end of the year.

4. Scrimgeour

What a prick. He's just as bad as Fudge. Your at Dumbledore's funeral and your asking Harry, one of the people Dumbledore loved the most and who loved Dumbledore the most (OMG, I'm seriously tearing up right now, literally my nose is stuffy and there are tears in my eyes) to become a poster boy and spill all of Dumbledore's secrets. I feel so bad for Harry, unrelated, I know but he doesn't have anyone to look up to as a dad, yes, he has Mr. Weasley but that's Ron's dad not his and now his last sense of security and safety is gone. Continuing what an inconsiderate douche bag.

5. J. K. Rowling's ability to create almost insta love.

I know it was almost insta love I mean all of a sudden Harry has longing feelings towards Ginny or as he called it a 'beast'. I mean I totally ship Ginny and Harry but then she broke it off and I was kinda upset. I mean it was so shortly lived.  But, Ron and Hermione were kinda set up some time a go.

6. Snogging

I didn't realize how 'cheeky' J. K. Rowling was, I mean of course I realized the 2 Uranus jokes she slipped in but I thought Snogging was just kissing I didn't realize it meant full out make out session but in order to make it a children's book they replaced the phrase YA writers use 'passionately making out' with 'snogging in the same armchair'.

7. Ron and Hermione

I was very annoyed with these two throughout the 2nd quarter of the book. Like Siriusly annoyed. I was annoyed at Ron for getting so touchy with something that happened 2 years ago and then 'snogging' with Lavender in front of Hermione.  I was annoyed at Hermione for not having the guts to go up to Ron and 'snog' him herself and I was pissed at Harry for letting things get so out of hand. If I was Harry which thankfully I'm not, but if I was, I would've gone old school and shove the both of them in a room until they work it out.


SUMMARY 

Welcome back to the amazing world of witches and wizards. Harry Potter is late as usual and things take a turn when Professor Dumbledore starts giving him private lessons. Watch as everything comes to play in this amazing 6th book of a 7 book  series.

( I know it's super short but I gave most of the summary in the review.)




I have no song quote but I do have a song.  It's Ethos Music - Nothing Left to Lose

The reason why they are no lyrics is because it's fully instrumental and I love listening to it, it's very beautiful, intense and emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment