Wednesday 26 August 2015

Finding Audrey

Finding AudreyTitle: Finding Audrey

Author: Sophie Kinsella

Rating: 4/5

Reading Time: 1/2 a day

Bookworm Appeal: Fast paced?
                               : Sunglasses?
                               : Extremely Funny?
                               : Mental Health?
                               : Tons of SARCASTIC comments.


I read it in the Daily Mail.





NON SPOILER SUMMARY/REVIEW

I really, really loved this book. It was so funny and a really fast read. I blew right through it. It was so funny and cute. It's about a 14 year old girl (I'm a 14 year old girl, almost) named Audrey (duh) and she's suffering from anxiety disorder. She's been making steady but, slow progress (probably because she's too scared to try to truly get better) with her shrink, Dr. Sarah. She meets (she's met him once before it's just that it's the first time she talked/freaked out in front of him) Linus, her brother's LOC gaming partner. He's the first person who actually doesn't baby her around too much as in, he downplays her illness whereas other people highlight it and this gives her confidence a boost which gives her the push she needs to get better. I highly recommend this book and I'll be getting into why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 stars in my SPOILER section. READ THE BOOK, come back, read my review, then comment what you thought of the book!!!

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG YOUR TBR LIST IS READ THIS FIRST!!!!!




SPOILER SECTION      (It's not to late, you can still turn BACK)

*The spoilers aren't really big it's just that they could slightly ruin/taint your reading experience.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


REVIEW

1. I loved FRANK

I love how sarcastic Frank is I found him so interesting to read about. I could totally relate to him and the way he replied, probably because I would've probably answered the "questions" in the same manner just my words would've been slightly different.

2. Linus and Audrey

I know a lot of readers loved their relationship and trust me I totally ship them but it seemed kinda like 'instalove' to me. I mean sure they have all that rhubarb and orange segment stuff which is super cute but their first kiss happened right after 'shoe contact' and I sincerely doubt she even knew what  his favorite color was. It all seemed kinda rushed. I mean, I'm one of those people who are suckers for romance (it's kinda like my guilty pleasure) and I love it when the girl finally gets the guy and vice versa but, it seemed like Linus barely had to do anything to get Audrey (yeah, he does lots of stuff but, still you have to admit you kinda agree with me), it's like she fell into his lap.

3. The whole book was rushed

I genuinely found this book too fast.There were so many things that Sophie could've expounded on like Linus and Audrey's relationship, I think that the part where they prep for the LOC tournament would've been fun to read as well, I also would've loved more on how Audrey got her disorder, I know it's not really relevant and the story is more about Audrey's present and how she and her family heal and mend their souls (catch the reference) but, it would've been nice to know why Izzy is a 11 year old in a 14 year old's body or why Nat (?) is so guilty and why Audrey's mom blames her.

4. How Sophie explained an adults way of thinking.

I AGREE. I SUPPORT. I CONDONE. I SECOND THAT MOTION. Everything dhe wrote in the book about this topic was just so relatable and all of it from the parents's actions to the children's reaction was all on point. I was just so happy when I read all the exchanges going on between the parents and children was just so realistic, I could CRY.

5. The DOCUMENTARY

These parts were most likely one of the most funniest (I know that's grammatically incorrect, DEAL WITH IT) parts of the book. It's in explainable.

6. Felix

Wasn't he just the cutest. I especially loved the part with the pocket paper.

Audrey gets a note from Linus and then she writes a reply and gives it to Felix so he can deliver it and he stuffs it  in his pocket and just sits there and Audrey's like "OMG!!! Why is he still here, FELIX!" and Felix is just like I want a pocket paper, this is my pocket paper. #LMAO

7. Audrey's Mom/ Anne

I love Anne, yeah she's kinda stubborn and she is slightly exasperating but, you have to admit she is a very determined person. The lenghts she goes too...her birthday... need I say more.



MY FAVORITE QUOTE FROM THE BOOK

“Except that stopping midsentence is the worst thing people can do. It's like, totally passive-aggressive, because you can't take issue with anything they've said. You have to take issue with what you think they were going to say. Which then they deny.” 
― Sophie KinsellaFinding Audrey


SONG QUOTE

" Loving can  heal, loving can mend your soul. And  it's the only thing that I know."
                                                                                                                                                                    - Photograph, Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment