Thursday 20 August 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

WARNING: This book review will contain spoilers, as in the whole story will be completely spoiled.


Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Author: J. K. Rowling

Rating: 10,000,000/1

Reading Time: 7 hrs

Bookworm Appeal: Lots and lots of crying
                               : Seriously Touching Moments
                               : A cuss word in Harry Potter?

Why does J. K. Rowling











REVIEW 

1. Dobby 

I didn't know he would die, it came as a complete shock, as it should. And I was completely distraught. I cried for 1 whole hour. I cried when his last words were Harry Potter, I cried as Harry dug his grave, I cried as they clothed him, I cried when my mother mentioned his name and I cried until my eyes swelled and my face got blotchy. So, I sailed through the book, I couldn't help but picture what would happen if Dobby lived and where he would fit in. I know some people would say it's peculiar of me to feel this way about Dobby because he was a mere 'annoyance' but, for me they are some characters that you can't help but fall in love with, and Dobby is one of them. (Another example is Chuck from Maze Runner) Continuing, during the part where all of the house elves in Hogwarts came out to fight Voldemort and where Kreacher was yelling 'For my master!' and all that, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness as pictured Dobby standing with Kreacher, who I supposed would become Dobby's best friend as they both love Harry now, I pictured Dobby side by side with Kreacher yelling stuff like 'Harry Potter' or 'Dobby here! Dobby here! Dobby fight for Harry Potter!' then he and Kreacher would fight side by side and kick some serious tush.

2. Fred 

Now, I know Fred's death effected some people more than Dobby's death but, I think Dobby's death affected me more. Of course, I was sad and I would miss Fred and his jokes, and I cried a bit, but I wasn't as sad as I was by Dobby's death. Maybe it was because I was already spoiled or maybe it's because I suspected that he would die there. Like I said in my review of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince this was usually the way J. K. Rowling killed off your favorite characters, lure you in with a sense of false security then she kills them. But, I will truly miss Fred and I can't imagine how devastated Mrs Weasley was. It's so sad just thinking about it.

3. Kreacher

I felt so much pity for Kreacher. Poor Kreacher. Used by so many people. The master he  loved gone... It was just so sad..

4. The Plot

I love how everything started to come to play and all those events you thought were just there to fill up the book take on important roles. It was an amazing sensation.

5. Snape

Now, I knew that Snape was actually a good guy and that he loved Lily from fanfic, my mom and my cousin. Oh yeah, and my grandmother too. But, even then, after he killed Dumbledore, I thought that everyone who told me Snape was good was completely nuts and I spent most of the book ranting about the Snape. The way he died I have to admit it was sad and the fact that I'm pretty sure they didn't even go to his body and at least close his eyes while they were in the shrieking shack, that was mean. I didn't realize that Snape was pouring his memories, so when looking through the memories about him and Lily I realized 2 things, 1. Snape was actually kinda sweet and 2. if Snape and Lily were the main characters in a YA contemporary novel there would've been a 95% chance of them ending up together (unrelated, but hey!) 

6. Kreacher

I feel so sorry for the little thing. He must have felt so lonely. I was so surprised by the way his story turned out. It was really sweet how Harry gives him the locket and how he became ever soo looyal to Harry.


SUMMARY


Do I really have to? Noppe. I don't think so. I mean if you came this far you should know by now. But....

It's about how The Golden Trio search for the Horcruxes and how Ron is a jerk midway and is forgiven, Snape's past and Dobby and Kreacher and Dumbledore and Snape and Harry's Parents and Ginny and Neville and How all of the people the Ministry chose are a bunch of arses and the usage of the word BIT*H and, and ... well you get it.


Sucky I know, but I have a fever (not valid but, that's my only excuse) and I suck.

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child. Heaven's (Dumbledore, winks, winks) got a plan for you"
                                                                                                                                           -Pentatonix

No comments:

Post a Comment